Wednesday, March 07, 2007

It begins...

So I somehow managed to land this “Will blog for experience” gig. In case you don’t know, the deal goes like this: 5 finalists have been selected by Experience.com to blog for 3 weeks. At the end of the 3 weeks, whichever blogger has gotten the most traffic on their site will get an all expense paid trip to LA to spend the day shadowing the creators of JibJab.com. It’s a pretty sweet deal, especially since I spend a large majority of my life either filming things, thinking about filming things, being on the internet, or thinking about being on the internet. So a chance to peek at the inner workings of a viral video production company like JibJab is a really amazing opportunity.

However, now that the initial squealing and excitement has died down, I’m faced with a question: What do I blog about? Should it be a nerdy blog, with links to nerdtastic webcomics, and delightfully nerdy photos like this one:

(this was the jack-o-lantern I created this past Halloween). Nerdy things certainly have a following on teh internets, and I could defiantly pander to that audience.

Or, should I make this into a self-righteous, rabblerousing political blog?

I could rant about how the RIAA is taking advantage of everyone from consumers of music to the musicians themselves. I could provide links and articles about their attempts at silencing independent streaming radio. Lord knows that there aren’t enough of these kinds of blogs in the ‘blogosphere’.

On the other hand, perhaps I should keep this blog lighthearted. No one wants to read about politics anyways, it’s just depressing. Perhaps I could cheer you up by showing you pictures of adorable animals and quirky Japanese products.

This is the kind of fluff that everyone loves and no one could possibly find offensive. More fluff = more traffic.

As you can probably tell, this blog is going to be something of a hybrid of all of these things: sometimes nerdy, sometimes political, sometimes simply fluffy, but (hopefully) always entertaining. I can promise you that I will try not to bore you with the mundane details of my everyday life…that’s what livejournal is for. I’d like to know what you guys want to see from this blog, what your interests are and what you think of the things I post. It will be a journey we take together (and now I sound like a damn hippy…). So sit down, log on, and be sure to check back regularly, because:


Share this article!
Digg Technorati del.icio.us Stumbleupon Reddit Facebook

0 comments

Make A Comment