Thursday, March 29, 2007

For the MTV generation:

posted under , , , , , , , by Bloody Bonnie |
10 short rants for short attention spans (accompanied by drawings I did while bored in class today):

10: I hate it when girls do those tiny little ‘cute’ sneezes. How can they do that without blowing their brains out their ears? I tried to do it once, and just about had an aneurism. This is something I used to worry about when I was a self-conscious awkward middle school girl.

9: Net Neutrality – you people should know what it is. We need to create legislation that will make the phone companies not regulate which websites you have access to. For example, if your ISP has a contract with Yahoo and not Google, your access to Yahoo will be easy and simple, but Google would not load if you try to visit it. This is a serious issue, as it leaves issues of dissemination of information and free speech at the whim of huge Internet Service Providers. Learn more about it and help save it here.



8: Rumors have it that Wacko Jacko is going to have a giant robot replica of himself that will roam the Las Vegas desert as a promotional stunt for a show he will be doing in Vegas. He wants the thing to actually shoot laser beams. What’s next? Mecha Streisand? Oh wait…

7: In May I will be graduating from a prestigious top 50 private university with honors. But everyone I talk to tells me that I will most likely have to work for free/intern if I want to break into the film/TV/media industry. Doesn’t that seem wrong? I’m not asking for a lot of money, but I would like to get a living wage. I am college educated! I should at least be making as much money as the kid who over-salts your fries.



6: It’s “PUNK’S NOT DEAD” with an apostrophe. Just because you’re rebellious doesn’t mean you can’t be intelligent about it. Come on.

5: In the dining hall the other day, the rice was still crunchy. In other news – I am graduating in May.

4: The RIAA recently laughed off the fact that The Consumerist voted them the “worst company in the world”. He also called Steve Jobs a hypocrite for his previous statement against DRM (digital rights management). Now I agree that Jobs’ statement, when unaccompanied with appropriate actions, is rather hypocritical. But how can these guys laugh at the fact that so many people are displeased and unhappy with the way they operate? Don’t they know that by doing things like that, they are losing support rather than gaining it?



3: Conan O’Brien isn’t taping shows this week! Why do I care? I’m flying to NYC tonight (big interview tomorrow!), and I won’t get to see my idol! Guess I’ll just have to loiter around the NBC studios and hope to catch a glimpse of the cast of Law & Order: SVU.

2: The state of rap and hip-hop right now is terrible, at least for mainstream artists. Perhaps you’ve also recently heard these amazingly compelling lyrics:
I'm hot cuz I'm fly
You aint cuz you're not
This is why, This is why
This is why I'm hot

No, this is why I don’t listen to mainstream radio anymore.

1: In the dorm I live in, our apartment is upstairs and downstairs there is a computer lab and a gallery space. As part of the arts department visiting artist program, some dancers have moved into the gallery downstairs. Now, I’m sure they’re wonderful people, but at all hours of the day (including right now) they are stomping, yelling and singing. For the past 2 weeks I have been awakened by singing/primal screaming and serenaded to sleep by stomping an a rousing rendition of “Yankee Doodle Dandy”. I think I may soon become homicidal.

That is all, have a great day!


Share this article!
Digg Technorati del.icio.us Stumbleupon Reddit Facebook

0 comments

Make A Comment